December 14th, 2015
Finding top technical talent has always been challenging, but in the second half of 2015, it’s getting even tougher for employers in Dallas-Fort Worth. Almost 1/4 of hiring companies reported that they plan to do additional hiring, specifically to expand their IT teams. Another 2/3 said they would fill open positions, while 0 percent—zero—said they would cut staff. That means when companies need to find new employees, not only are they competing with a large number of other companies to attract job seekers, there will be fewer people seeking jobs due to staff reductions.
Demand is expected to be especially high for network and windows administrator jobs, as well as PC support staff. On the developer side, projects related to security and website development will be the focus for many business IT teams.
The Benefits of Working With a Staffing Agency
Because of the competition to find the best candidates in this job market, companies that work with specialized staffing firms will have an advantage in recruiting. Staffing agencies know how to word job descriptions and make them appealing; they know where and how to publicize them so the right technical workers will see them.
The staffing agencies have large networks and relationships with candidates, including those they’ve placed previously who might be open to making a move. The agencies are also skilled at identifying new candidates through effective searching on sites like LinkedIn and in-person recruiting at events. They have the time to woo passive job seekers and turn them into an active candidate. Agencies are able to screen candidates and send only the most qualified to an employer, reducing wasted time during the interviewing process.
Staffing agencies specializing in IT recruiting can help the employer understand the current job market and create reasonable expectations regarding how long it will take to fill a position and the type of candidates on the market. Agencies have knowledge of market salaries and benefits that employers may lack; sharing this information can help the employer make a competitive offer to win a candidate.
The Benefit of Working With InReach IT Solutions
InReach IT Solutions is a boutique staffing agency focused on information technology hiring in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex area. With more than 20 years experience in IT and recruiting, we have the expertise to find the specialized IT talent organizations need. In today’s competitive hiring market, our expertise could be the competitive advantage that helps you fill your staffing needs. Contact us to learn how we can help.
November 6th, 2015
Keeping morale up is part of every manager’s job. The office environment can be stressful, and it’s easy for employees to feel unappreciated. Here are five ways to let your staff know you appreciate the job they do:
- Pay them fairly. Money isn’t the only thing that makes employees happy at work, but it definitely helps! Your staff salaries need to compare favorably to market rates. Make sure you pay people doing equivalent work equivalent salaries.
- Treat employees with respect. Your employees are adults. Don’t micromanage their time; within true business needs, allow them the flexibility to make their own schedule or work from home.
- Treat employees as people. Make an effort to get to know your staff beyond their technical abilities. Everybody has a life outside the office, and hobbies and people that are important to them. If you relate to your employees as if they’re people, not just workers, they feel more cared for.
- Celebrate success. When there’s a team victory, celebrate it. This doesn’t have to be a fancy shindig; even a team pizza party lets people come together and share good feelings. If there’s no budget, at least celebrate success by announcing it at departmental meetings and publicly thanking the people who made particular contributions. Be specific—”thank you for your hard work” isn’t as meaningful as a thank you that names exactly what they did.
- Provide opportunities to grow. Show you care about your employees by encouraging them to develop and grow. Prompt your team to take training, and assign them “stretch” assignments to let them extend their abilities. Find out the career path they want to pursue and work with them to make it happen.
When you have an office environment that values employees, your team wants to stay with you, and job candidates feel the positive atmosphere and want to join you. If you’re looking to add to your team, contact InReach IT Solutions to find out how we can help you hire your next valuable employee.
October 9th, 2015
Announcing our new career site!
InReach IT Solutions is excited to announce our new career site, www.inreachitsolutionscareer.com, devoted to helping job seekers find their next opportunity.
The site’s career portal goes beyond simply listing jobs for you to search. The portal is designed to help you, even if you’re looking for a job in a niche we don’t serve, or if we don’t have any current positions suited to you. The functionality on the career portal will help you in your job search, no matter your skill level or industry.
Registration on the Career Portal is free. Once registered, job seekers have access to a variety of features to improve their job search. Of course, there’s a job search function. Weekly webinars offer tips for improving your resume, upgrading your LinkedIn profile, and effective interviewing. The library is filled with resources to help you succeed in your current job or advance to a new one.
Even better, the career portal provides interactive tools to help find the best job for you, in the shortest time. Whether you need help assessing your interests to find a suitable career, assistance writing and improving your resume, or access to technology trade publications to help buff your skills, you’ll find what you need on our site.
When you’re actively searching for a job, the career portal’s Search and Connect features will help develop your marketing skills. Like it or not, looking for a job is about selling yourself, a skill many job seekers lack. Use our tools to learn how to network effectively. The site even lets you print resume cards — like a business card with a mini version of your resume. This is a great tool to hand out in networking situations!
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when making a career change. There’s a lot of content on the Career Portal, and to help you make the most of it, the Site Map breaks it down for you into a three-phase process. We’re excited to present this free resource to all job seekers and hope you find it valuable in achieving your ambitions. Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about our career portal or the many other ways InReach can help you achieve your career goals.